Protect your home with a Solar Powered Roof Ventilation
Heat and moisture are your enemies when it comes to your home. But just because you can’t see them doesn’t mean they aren’t there... hiding in your roof space and causing damage. Solar Star Roof Ventilation Systems neutralize moisture and drive out heat, keeping your home cool in summer and protecting it from harm during the winter.
Summer means longer days, more sun, and warmer temperatures. If heat isn’t vented from your roof space properly, it builds up & causes problems in your home:
- Living spaces become hot and uncomfortable
- Air conditioning units work harder to keeprooms cool
- Utility costs rise due to increased energy demand
- Roof structures and materials deteriorate
A Solar Star Roof Ventilation System solves these problems by removing excess heat from your home, giving you a more comfortable interior and lower energy bills.
With winter comes ice, snow, and cold temperatures. When coupled with excess humidity from showers, humidifiers, and dishwashers, it can lead to:
- Leaks and structural decay triggered by ice buildup on your roof
- Damage to insulation and framing materials produced by moisture accumulation
- Weakening of internal structures caused by mold and fungus growth
A Solar Star Roof Ventilation System prevents these issues by equalizing interior and exterior temperatures, safeguarding your home from the worst of winter.
Features of the Solar Star Roof Ventilation System Include...
- Unobtrusive, sleek slimline roof profile
- Brush-less motor (so it won’t wear out)
- Whisper quiet motor
- Leak proof seamless one-piece flashing
- Installed in under 1 hour by a Solatube Certified Installation Consultant.
- Lightweight polymeric fan blade minimizes motor resistance and is non-corrosive
- Stainless steel mounting screens
- Non-corrosive and durable polymeric integral exhaust screen
Could a Solatube Solar Star benefit your home?
When considering roof ventilation for your home the standard question is how can you implement this as quick as possible with low cost, little effort and maximum performance. When you weigh the pros and cons of a Solar Star compared to other various products, its hard to deny the Solar Star as your best roof ventilation option.
Too often you see whirlybird owners searching for advice or services to lower the noise coming from their wind vent. The Solatube Solar Star is a silent achiever, it won’t be heard while it performs its duties in cooling your home and restoring your roof cavity to a healthier state. Roof cavities are mean’t to be ventilated all year round to preserve it’s healthy state, the benefits of solar power allow your home to be cooled even if it isn’t windy. If you enjoy your quiet time then the Solar Star sounds like the best solution for your home ventilation.
The Solar Star costs nothing to operate and the core components come with a10 year warranty.
Like all Solatube products, the Solar Star comes with various accessories for all your custom ventilation needs. Each home has a different solution and our services are available to tackle each situation individually.
Solar Star RM1200
A classic roof mount model for a wide range of roof ventilation needs. For example: low sloped roofs with a smaller area.
Solar Star RM1600
This robust roof mount system is designed to accommodate even the most expansive roof spaces. For example: steep sloped roofs with smaller area, steep sloped roofs with larger area or low sloped roofs with larger area.