The benefits of daylighting in office buildings are well known. In addition to energy conservation, natural light has positive physiological (regulation of the circadian rhythms) and psychological effects on the occupants of buildings.
The strategic use of daylight in offices has been found to
- Increase productivity from staff
- Improve mood levels
- Increase psychological well-being
- Reduce absenteeism
- Decrease operating costs
- How do we know this?
Studies, including those performed by the Heschong Mahone Group on both worker and student performance in various environments, support the theory that comfortable, natural daylight enhances worker comfort, productivity, and accuracy.
What can Solatube offer your office space?
Solatube’s patented technology allows you to achieve standards in Office facilities that competitors simply can’t meet.
- Controllable light levels: A Solatube Daylighting System is fully controllable with dimming capabilities that allow the level of natural lighting to be adjusted on demand from 100 percent down to 2 percent to accommodate activities such as watching presentations or viewing electronic whiteboards.
- Guaranteed Performance: Solatube daylighting systems come with a 10-year ‘no leak’ guarantee.
- Energy Saving: Using Solatube’s highly reflective daylighting devices can reduce energy consumption by as much as 20% and more.
All the benefits of natural light: In addition to the advantages of bringing abundant, high color rendering light into the workplace, many types of daylighting designs connect the workers with the outside world, reducing or eliminating the feeling of being trapped in an artificial environment while at work.
What is our track record in office applications?
Companies who have installed Solatube Daylighting System for offices have reported that the employees responded positively to working under natural light.
Our Education case studies demonstrate how Solatube® Daylighting Systems have helped cut energy costs, reduced business carbon footprints and improved the working conditions for staff.