No one would disagree that making sure your home is properly ventilated is vitally important to keeping your home cooler and more comfortable during the summer months, reducing the load on your heating and cooling systems, and preventing dampness that can result in mould and mildew growth and even promote insect infestation. However, choosing the best ventilation system for your home without straining your budget with installation, maintenance and operation costs can be challenging. Here’s why the Solar Star solar roof ventilation system addresses all those challenges – and then some:
- The Solatube Solar Star is sleek and boasts a trim, low profile, allowing it to perch inconspicuously on your roof so it blends in with your home instead of perching well above it and detracting from your home’s style.
- The high-efficiency motor is solar-driven, which means you can enjoy all the ventilating benefits of a powerful fan without the increased operational costs associated with electric vents.
- Solar Stars are amazingly simple to install, which means you don’t have to worry about major installation fees or costly electrical hook-ups. In fact, the complete unit comes fully assembled and ready to be installed, so it can be up and running in under 30 minutes in most cases.
- The leak-proof, one-piece flashing prevents rain from leaking in so you enjoy worry-free operation all year round, and the non-corrosive polymeric exhaust vents and fan mean you won’t have to worry about rust. Plus, the solar panel’s high impact-resistant design makes it impervious to damage from wind, hail and foreign objects.
- The Solar Star offers a five-year warranty on the solar panel and the whisper-quiet motor and a 10-year warranty on the unit’s other parts.
- The optional thermal switch automatically turns the fan off when the temperature in your attic or roof cavity dips below 18°C and turns it on when the temperature exceeds 29°C, for worry-free operation, and the easy installation lets you add this feature even to units that are already installed.
- When continuous sun exposure is low, an add-on solar panel can be positioned in a sunnier spot and connected to your unit for prolonged operation, even in relatively shaded locations.
- Finally, studies show the Solar Star can do the same work as 10 or 15 Whirlygigs, which means you can enjoy maximum ventilation with minimal installation cost and hassle.
Solar Powered Roof Ventilation